Looking for the top breweries in SLO and the surrounding area? Then look no further and read on…
San Luis Obispo (SLO) County is chalk full of great breweries lead by decorated names such as Firestone Walker Brewing but the town of SLO is quickly becoming a hub. Over the course of a couple visits to town, I have managed to hit, what I think, is the majority of stops in town. While I have had time to sample them all, I have ordered them in order of expedience e.g. if you have limited time in town plus some extras I have not tried but listed for future exploration. Now plan a trip and try these places out!
- Central Coast Brewing
- Bang The Drum
- Libertine Brewing Company (Tasting Room)
- SLO Brew
- Creekside Brewing Company
If you are looking for an easy outing in Downtown SLO, I would recommend hitting SLO Brew for food and then Libertine for another tasting.
Just driving through? Here are some other spots (not all breweries) worth hitting whether head north or south.
- Salinas City BBQ – From the outside, this place doesn’t look like much but once inside, you know you are in for a treat. The BBQ is extremely good and the beer selection even better.
- Beer: As of last visit they had an 8 tap selection of California beers that are usually from lesser known/no and/or low distribution breweries: Alvarado Street Brewery (IPAs!), Societe, Mike Hess and Fieldwork. Additionally they had a large selection of bottled beers as well. Can follow the menu here.
- Grub: Brisket cooked for like ~20 hours and the pulled pork for a long time as well. Delicious with a cold brew.
- Jocko’s Steak House
- Surfside Donuts
- Figueroa Mountain Brewery
- Tent City Brewing Company
- Pismo Brewing Company
- Earth and Fire Brewing Company
- Dunbar Brewing
- 927 Beer
- Bristol Cider
- Metro Brewery
- Bittersweet Brewing Company
- Manrock Brewing Company
Got one to add or know of any others? Let me know if the comments below. Keep calm and beer on!